Enjoy a memorable wine experience in Bulgaria, in lands with millenial wine-growing history with this full-day tour. A real wine civilization originated in the Bulgarian lands 5000 years ago. It has survived until today with ceremonies and traditions related to cults to different gods, such as the Thracian god Zagreus (Dionysus by the Greeks). This amazing wine tour will allow you to touch that magic in The Thracian Lowland, which has been ranked on second place among the “10 Best Wine Destinations of 2017” by Wine Enthusiast Magazine!
You will visit Bendida winery, located in the village of Brestovitsa, the wine capital of Bulgaria, 18 km south-west of Plovdiv. The winery produces high-quality wines in limited and connoisseur’s series. It is named after the Thracian goddess of fertility, the moon and the hunt. Their rubin variety thrives best in Brestovitsa deserves special attention, as the wines from this variety are full-bodied, with an intensive fruit aroma. Discover Villa Yustina winery, a young and fast-growing winery which cultivates vines since 2008. It became popular with an elegant cuvee of two indigenous vines – Mavrud and Rubin. The energy and enthusiasm of the people working at Villa Yustina provide a great wine experience. During the wine experience you will also enjoy a delicious lunch in one of the wineries or in a traditional restaurant!
- Wine tastings
- Visits to two wineries
- Gourmet lunch in a winery
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Sofia
- All transfers
- Professional licensed tour guide and wine expert
- more than 5 working days prior to departure: no cancellation fee;
- between 5 and 3 working days prior to departure date: 30% of the total tour cost;
- less than 3 working days prior to departure: cancellation fee - 100% of the total tour cost;