Discover Burgundy and the vineyards and the countryside on the Grands Cru Wine Road with this full-day wine tour.
Your tour guide will be a Burgundy wine expert, winemaker, sommelier, passionate collector and an experienced guide in the Burgundy area. You will learn about the wine and the vineyards, from the vine pruning to the oak barrel maturing, the importance of the soil (terroir) and all the secrets of winemaking.
Initiate yourself to tasting techniques and food and wine pairing. The programme also includes exceptional wines and a stroll around Beaune.
Stop for croissants and a breathtaking view over the Corton hillside in the Côte de Beaune, a unique site in Burgundy for red and white Grand Cru wines.
Enjoy a prestige tasting of 5 to 7 white wines and Pinot Noirs, including extraordinary Premier and Grand Cru wines.
A second tasting will take place in a Pinot Noir amateur’s paradise. Visit the cellars of the family-run estate, housing oak barrels and old vintages.
You will have Llunch and free time in the historical town of Beaune, Burgundy’s wine capital. Your guide will happily suggest some of the best places for lunch (not included) where you can enjoy local dishes and cheeses.
Suggested free-time options (entrance fees not included)
- The Hospices de Beaune, an artistic Burgundian masterpiece
- Extensive tasting in a wine cellar (7 to 10 wines)
- Tasting at the mustard-makers la Moutarderie Fallot (closed on Sundays)
- The old town and its traditional shops (blackcurrant liquor, mustard, honey spice cake, Flavigny aniseed)
- Burgundy’s "Champs Elysées" with its legendary vineyard plots: Romanée Conti, Chambertin, Clos de Vougeot, Corton Charlemagne. Short stroll amongst the vines of the Côte de Nuits.
- Visits to two wine cellars
- Two wine tastings including Premier Cru and Grand Cru wines
- Entrance fees
- Wine expert tour guide
- Food and wine pairing
- Activities in the free time
3 days or more before tour: no charge.
2 days before the tour: 50% charge.
1 day before the tour, the day of the tour or no show: 100% of the total amount due for the tour.
The tour guide will wait 15 minutes after the departure mentioned on this booking with the other participants of the tour. After 15 minutes, the booking will be considered as a no show.