Discover Budapest with this is great sightseeing and culinary tour. Experiencing the Hungarian food, wine and coffee culture is the best way to learn about the Hungarian culture and traditions.
The tour starts with a little walk downtown and then you will visit the Great Market hall. Did you know that the Great Market Hall of Budapest was built in the 19th-century and is one of Europe's finest market halls? This is the place where you can get a taste of the local life, see how Hungarians do their daily shopping, have the opportunity to pick up some souvenirs and not only edible ones!
In the second half of the 19th century Budapest had more then 500 Coffee houses! It was a city of coffee houses. You will visit and have coffee at famous Budapest coffee houses, followed by a Hungarian lunch at a local restaurant.
You will also visit a small tasting bar to taste different delicacies and it is possible to include a wine tasting.
If you do not wish to dedicate the whole day to culinary experiences you can include the must-see sights, like the famous Andrássy avenue, Heroe's square, City park, downtown Pest, the Graet Synagogue, Saint Stephen Basilica, Parliament, Chain bridge, the Castle District, the former Royal Palace, the neo gothic Máthyás Church and also the Fisherman's Bastion.
- Although this tour is focusing on food, you will also have the chance to explore the beautiful sights of Budapest. It is absolutely up to you how much time you want to spend on tastings and how much to see the different attractions of the city.
- The Great Market Hall is closed on Sunday but you can visit a farmer market instead.
- The tour can also be arranged for private groups bigger than 6. Please get in touch here.
- Private guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
- Tickets to the public transport
- Tastings at the great market hall
- Delicious lunch at butcher shop
- Coffee and cake in a historical cafe
- Wine tasting of 4 different wines in a wine bar
The tour can be cancelled up to 2 weeks prior with an 75% refund.
Within 2 weeks all reservations are final and cannot be refunded.